Swing Hopping is not just an event calendar or an event listing website. Swing Hopping gives swing dancers inspiration to travel and dance and discover swing events to visit.
Why Swing Hopping?
Swing dancers will find that the website is easy to navigate and a smart tool to find a suitable event using filters like where, when and what they want to dance. By combining these filters it is currently a unique and powerful swing dance planning tool.
Swing organizers don't need to keep track of when to notify us of changes, band and teacher bookings, graphics or date changes. Swing Hopping gets the information from Facebook, so all that is needed is to update the existing Facebook event. Facebook is probably already one major platform for your communication, and Swing Hopping uses the information you already put there. This way organizers have the control over what information is presented on this website.
Criterias for events on the Swing Hopping website
- Length: At least two consecutive days long workshop and/or social dancing.
- Dance types: Authentic jazz, Balboa, Blues, Boogie woogie, Charleston, Collegiate shag, Lindy hop, St Louis shag and/or Swing.
- A public facebook event with information in English on the About.
How to publish an event to Swing Hopping
- Publish a public event to Facebook. Read more here about how to make a good Facebook event.
- Make sure the page that is hosting the event has no visibility restrictions.
- Provide the event link to Swing Hopping.
- Edit the event as you please and you don't need to notify us. It can take a few hours before you see the changes on swinghopping.com.
How to fix a mistake on Swing Hopping
If the information is correct on your Facebook event, it should be correct on Swing Hopping. If you just fixed a mistake, it can take up to an hour before the changes is shown on Swing Hopping. You might want to go through the following checklist to make sure your event gets the best possible exposure.
Description All event information comes from your Facebook event. If the description is too long, short or shows an error, you need you make the changes in your Facebook event.
Location Make sure the location of your event gets a proper geo tag on your Facebook event, or we will not be able to show it properly on Swing Hopping. If your event shows weird location data, try re-adding the location on your Facebook event and make sure Facebook recognizes the location.
Dates You'll want to add an end date to your Facebook event, so that we can show how long your event will continue for. This is also useful for your event attendees. If we don't have an end date we can only show when the event starts.
Popularity We calculate the popularity of your event from the number of Facebook attendees that you have. To get higher popularity on Swing Hopping, you need to spread your Facebook event (and we can help you do that).