Festival Swing Art 2019
Friday 15th to Sunday 17th of March 2019
Duration: 3 days
In the heart of Bordeaux, for the twelfth year running, Swing Art Festival will allow you to explore the art of Swing in all its dimensions.
Based on a “Drink & Draw“ concept, the 2019 edition called “Swing & Draw”, seeks to create a symbiosis and foster relationships between swing dancers, artists, designers, local producers and the general public.
◐ THE « IN » FESTIVAL PROGRAMME / registration necessary for swing dancers
Two days of workshops in Lindy Hop and Solo Jazz with international teachers, 3 parties with live bands from two amazing bands over the whole weekend:
- Jeong Woo Hong & Crystal Lee, South Korea
- Irene Ragusini & Tony Jackson, Greece and Great Britain
- La Tasha Barnes & Joshua Mclean, United States
- Daniil Nikulin & Maria Filippova, Russia
- “The Shirt Tail Stompers” Band, UK, Friday and Saturday evening
- “The Hot Swing Sextet», Band, France, Sunday evening
◑THE « OFF » FESTIVAL PROGRAMME / Free admission
Inside and around La Halle des Chartrons, artists, painters, designers, and musicians will offer a number of shows and workshops throughout the weekend:
- Vintage designers market (clothes, fashion accessories, jewellery, hats…);
- Photo and painting exhibition with a Swing theme ;
- Jazz bands ;
- Free introduction to swing dances (Lindy Hop, Solo Jazz & Charleston)
Registration is open! https://bit.ly/2RvNOWO
Need a place to stay in Bordeaux during Festival Swing Art 2019 March 15th to 17th?
Hosted by Swingtime Bordeaux
Is some information missing or wrong about Festival Swing Art 2019? Please notify us about it here.
Please note that Swing Hopping is not the organiser of any event, and can therefore not answer questions about specific events, or guarantee that the information stated is correct. You need to double check the information at the organisers' official websites before making plans.