2nd Annual Big Bash Weekend
Denver, Colorado, United States
Friday 19th to Sunday 21st of April 2019
Duration: 3 days
The 2nd Annual Big Bash Weekend featuring Erin Morris & Ryan Calloway!
Join us for an Intensive experience for 25 total couples with one highly talented set of instructors, Erin Morris (St. Louis) & Ryan Calloway (San Francisco)! Happening April 19-21st, 2019 in Denver, Colorado. With classes held at the Mercury Cafe in downtown Denver. The weekend will feature 8 hours of classes, social dancing to live music, and several competitions. There is some fantastic pricing on this weekend, so read on to find out if you’re a qualifying dancer, and if you are, SIGN UP TODAY in the middle of the page! Those who sign up earlier are rewarded with the lowest price tier!
Buy your pass now at: https://swingnights.com/bigbashweekend
ABOUT THE CLASSES:
This is an Intensive weekend working on lindy hop, solo jazz, and choreography with Erin Morris and Ryan Calloway. Known throughout the world for their unique individual styles, ability to create highly musical routines, and highly informative teaching styles.
What is an Intensive weekend, you ask? An Intensive weekend is a great way to quickly improve your dancing, explore new ideas, and build a solid rapport with your colleagues and teachers. With a class size capped at 25 couples, you'll be taking 8 hours of classes with the same colleagues, and only one set of instructors. This allows you to get a large amount of individual attention, to build rapport with instructors who are able to mold the classes to fit the individual dancing styles in the class. This allows you to improve at a much faster pace.
This workshop weekend is geared towards Intermediate+ and Advanced dancers. There are no formal class auditions during the weekend, rather we ask that you self-assess, or contact us for feedback on your dancing before signing up. In order to maintain a high-level of learning in the classes, we ask that dancers meet the following criteria.
- You know the Shim Sham, Tranky Doo, and Big Apple. Or you have learned other solo jazz routines created by historic or current day role models in the swing dance community.
- You can, with good technique, execute a swing out, lindy circle, tuck turn, underarm pass by, and are able to transition in and out of partner charleston (side by side and tandem at a minimum, hacksaws for extra credit), without fudging the footwork, up to 220 bpm.
-You are working to create your own sequences and routines, and looking for a way to meaningfully contribute to the art of lindy hop.
- You regularly travel to out-of-town weekend events to learn and compete
- You're always interested in learning and refining technique, and as such, you love to nerd out on every little detail of the swing out, and other moves from the classic repertoire.
- You spend time watching, analyzing, and copying vintage swing clips.
Brought to you by Joe, Addie, Avery, Dani, Ceth, and AD
Something we didn't cover? Questions about your level? write us at email@example.com
Buy your pass now at https://swingnights.com/bigbashweekend
Need a place to stay in Denver?
Is some information missing or wrong about 2nd Annual Big Bash Weekend? Please notify us about it here.
Please note that Swing Hopping is not the organiser of any event, and can therefore not answer questions about specific events, or guarantee that the information stated is correct. You need to double check the information at the organisers' official websites before making plans.